2017 Finale Video

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Like a Hurricane

Rain and work, my family and cancer, God and politics, coffee and sleep. These are the things I think about each day. When I was a kid I just woke up and started playing with my toys. I played with my dog and I play with my friends. I didn't have to think about the workings of this world, I just lived my life as it went along. These days I feel the weight of the world and the demands of this life are much too heavy to carry alone. I think about the events of my existence and I try to make sense of everything but it cannot be explained by chance. When I say I feel blessed, I mean that I am blessed by more than the universe that I live in. Everybody gets lucky in sense and everybody feels the vacuum that sucks the life out of them every day but not everyone believes in a higher power. What matters the most when everything in our world is falling apart is that We the People stand in unity and fight our common enemy. When our enemies are too many we need to choose our battles. I believe in a final judgement because no one is lucky enough to just die and get away with a self indulgent life. Everyone matters and each person plays a part in one another's journey. Many people will agree and many will disagree but what would the world be like if we were all the same?

Today as I was driving through what looked like a wintery hurricane, I did not feel like a kid anymore. I felt that there was nothing to be afraid of, even with the wind blowing blinding snow and rain. I knew that the weather would continue to be merciless but I continued to press on towards the goal. This life is full of violent storms that tear our hearts to peices but there is one place that we can find refuge. The one thing we can share is the one thing we cannot be given except by the one who is the author of life and Love.


1 John 1:16-21
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.
GOD IS LOVE.

Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.
This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus.
There is no fear in love.
But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment.
The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
We love because he first loved us.
Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar.
For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.
And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.

No comments: