2017 Finale Video

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Someday

It's 11:15 pm on Friday night and I was just falling asleep when my mind started racing. My wife is sleeping in Lincoln's room as she has been all week
and my room feels too hot. It has been a good week but a long one that deserves some solid sleep, but my mind is filled with some things that happened in the last days.

I have been installing fencing in a cemetery this week and have worked 60 hours already with about 6 more tomorrow. It was almost too hot to work there except for a constant breeze that saved us.
Jenny took Lincoln to the clinic Monday and Thursday for his weekly spinal tap and medicine, and to have his port accessed. They returned Thursday for a blood transfusion because the new medicine is dropping his blood counts again. I had not been able to get home until 7 every night which made it hard for both of us to get the kids to bed so we could rest. I told Jenny that it was an unexpected long week but that would soon change as installations are dropping back quickly. On top
of that I saw some hospital bills that looked like something I paid for over the last four years in premiums. I don't know what I would have done without insurance. Life is different now when it comes to health, money and time, but someday we hope to feel security again.

This week two children passed away from diseases that were barreling out of control. These were people that I did not know personally but I followed their stories on Caring Bridge. Their passing came on the heels of another young boy who went to be with God last week after battling cancer for two years. Again, someday I will feel Lincoln's health will be sustained.

After a very wet spring and a shortening summer, fall and winter seem to be pushing their way toward us. Emma will start at the new school within walking distance of our house. Weather affects my job so much but so does the stock market and the demographics of Salem, that has so many state jobs. We also have one less sales person that could have kept us a little further booked out, but someday I hope to have that opportunity.

Someday there will be a light that shines in the darkest, coldest places in our lives. Someday we will feel financially secure. Someday we will have to give less meds through a port. Someday we will see the babies who escaped on angels wings. Someday we will see time from an eternal perspective, and that "someday" will be very soon.

God has his eyes set on the beginning and the end of time from his eternal throne and He has this to say to keep reminding us what will happen someday:

"Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. (Revelation 22:12, 13, 20 NIV)

Don't let Time make you wish for "someday", take heart and have hope that Someday will be coming SOON!

No comments: