2017 Finale Video

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Trespasses

Have you ever been driving down the road and seen something that needs improvement. Someone's lawn needs to be mowed, someone's fence needs to be straight, someone's house needs to be painted?
Have you ever just stopped and and started pulling weeds or digging holes or painting? What do you think would happen if you decided to do something like that but all of a sudden the property owner came out with a shotgun, claiming you were trespassing? Would you try to explain that you were doing a favor by making improvements? Would you offer to re-roof the house to make up for being unwelcome? Would you just turn and run?

Sometimes we end up in awkward situation when we are trying to do something that makes sense to us but not to the rest of the world. When talking about criticism there are different ways to approach People who need changes in their lives.

Critical thinking, in its broadest sense has been described as "purposeful reflective judgment concerning what to believe or what to do."
Critical theory is an examination and critique of society and culture, drawing from knowledge across the social sciences and humanities.
The two meanings of critical theory—from different intellectual traditions associated with the meaning of criticism and critique—derive ultimately from the Greek word kritikos meaning judgment or discernment

There are a lot of people with a lot of opinions who do not know how to properly and effectivly use criticism to help others.
Most of the time it comes across as judgmental and hypocritical. If people would pay attention to the guidelines for criticism this world might look very different today.

I saw a sign today at a church that said "Criticism is an indirect form of boasting" meaning "your wrong and I'm right!" This is true in a lot of cases but not always.

Jesus Christ very clearly and directly criticize the spiritual leaders of that day. He also told his disciples when they were wrong. Today he still does that to us when we feel it in our our hearts. The guilt becomes strong and we try to fight it with reason, but when it comes to the God of heaven, who created us and knows us, the only thing left to do is fall into his grace and believe in his Son as our Advocate.

You have searched me, Lord,
and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue
you, Lord, know it completely. You hem me in behind and before,
and you lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast. If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you. For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts,t God!
How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand—
when I awake, I am still with you....Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. (Psalm 139:1-24 NIV)

No comments: