2017 Finale Video

Monday, September 12, 2011

Two Towers

Today started out as an above average Monday as far as being motivated. I was heading to the beach for work but I had to go alone. The weather was great, cool and no sun. I had to stop for gas since I was driving 95-100 miles so I checked Facebook and found what I would describe as the first plane hitting tower one, a little girl was taken by cancer, this after having it for only four months. Since this is not the first child that I have been aware of earning their angels wings, I went on about my day and worked until 5:30 with a 2 hour drive home.

When the focus was off of work I Became Angry! Each day I learn of another child or two through the children's cancer community, but in the last 4 weeks I have heard of 8 kids who have died from this disease. I started to fume at the ignorant lives people live and the money they worry about, but they have no clue that children are dying from a disease that has so little attention. I remember how different I, myself was before Lincoln's diagnosis. I didn't know so I didn't care about anything but me and my life. I needed money for this and that but now I hate money for what it was and I wish I could just give it all away like a bad gambling problem to children's cancer research. What I am realizing is that it all begins with awareness. With the powerful tools we have these days we can communicate so fast and to so many, but we need to be effective because people can even become numb to it on Facebook.

I got home tonight to hear the crash of the second plane into the second tower, another little girl has finished her journey. At this point I was a little more sad. Everyone else was posting about her too. She was a close friend of another little boy who died a month ago.

My son is in remission, these two girls are also cancer free, but their families are devastated.

My goal right now is to effectively bring awareness to the world. Facebook pages are a great way to do it. This is what our goal should be, get all Facebook Support Pages that started in September or before to 1000 likes by the end of the year. This will take a combined effort of the community to share it until it happens. Not everyone sees everything, everyday on Facebook or Caring Bridge so since this is our month to do it Facebook will be our soap box and we will overwhelm it until Gold becomes the new pink.

Children's Cancer awareness must happen so more kids can have a Christmas this year and birthdays next year. Let's make it happen, we can do it if we do it together.

Join us by signing the Petition http://thetruth365.org/petition/ and join my Blog Group for Exclusives to Brian's Phirst Blog @ http://www.facebook.com/groups/132084550254587/

No comments: