2017 Finale Video

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wasted

What comes to mind when you think of the word...Wasted? Time, money, energy?

When I was quite young, I realized that time was something I didn't want to waste.
I had unlimited energy to spend and if I couldn't go outside and play in the dirt, I was BORED! Now that I have two kids of my own I am starting to see this in them too.
"Please give me something to do!"

As I became a teenager it was even worse. I wasn't bored, but I wasted so much energy on doing absolutely nothing at all that I felt like I was in a coma most of the time. No wonder its hard to get teenagers out of bed in the morning, when they waste all of their energy just being idle.
Can you just leave me alone, I'm really, really........whatever!

Fortunately I jumped ship on high school and started college early where I discovered COFFEE! The late night activities that were born because of this super-power-enabling drink, like bon fires on the beach and going to Denny's at 2am to eat with friends, only led me to waste more time, money and energy.



These days I don't have time, money OR energy, but its not because I'm wasting it like I used to.

Recently I started running again and I realized right away that it takes every breath, every step and even every thought to be able to achieve the goals that I set for myself. Today as I was running my 4th mile, I saw someone I knew and shouted out to them, nearly taking the wind out of me like a punch in the stomach. I wasn't focusing on the bigger picture of completing my laps on time and as I let my voice ring out with one big shout I put myself at risk of failing my mission.





As I was running I heard this song:

I don't want to spend my life wasted...

I don't want to spend my life jaded, waiting
To wake up one day and find
That I let all these years go by wasted...

I ain't spending no more time wasted...






In order for those of us who passionatly want to see the threat of childhood cancer eliminated, in 2013 we must not let our voices be wasted for another moment. We have 100 different areas that we find ourselves working on and at least 3 we each focus deeply on, but now is not the time to stand alone trying to raise our voices, missing the whole reason we exist. (WE WANT A CURE)

 
 
The childhood cancer community has been given incredible gifts. 
Don't waste them.
Its time to find our "One Voice"
 
"A thousand prayer, a million words...but ONE VOICE was heard"
 
Run to the White House for Childhood Cancer Awareness
A Day of Yellow and Gold
 
Join Brian's Phirst Blog Exclusive Group

No comments: