2017 Finale Video

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Cure Found

Tonight is a big night for me. I have been looking forward to this night for two years since the last time I got to go to this event. It all began here for me and its not always about Gold, but colors like Red, Green, Blue and most definitly Black. Tonight is the fundraiser that will begin with a poker tournament and end with a cure for cystic fibrosis.


Long before my son was even thought of, the first grandchild to my parents was born. He grew up as the most adorable little boy I had ever seen, but from before birth he was already fighting for his life. After one year my nephew Conner was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. Tonight we will honor his fight to the finish and we will continue to search for a cure for this life threatening illness. I love playing cards and the only time I put money on the line is when it will go to charity for kids who fight for their lives. Tonight as we honor those who fight and who have fought, we will go All In against CF hoping one day that will stand for Cure Found. Also as one fighing cancer for my son and many others, I will be dreaming of the day I can host a 500 person tournament to raise money that will go directly to childrens cancer research. There are so many ways to raise money, but when you put some competition into it like a large stack of poker chips, you can count on that money being raised for kids. If anyone has any ideas or a place that we can make this tournament happen for Lincoln and many others, let me know. I think November would be a good time to do it. Wish me luck when I need it the most tonight, I know when to fold em', but I have to get past 7th place like two years ago into the top three.

No comments: