2017 Finale Video

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Redirection

I had a dream a few nights ago where I was driving down a long highway where the road was about to turn before coming into the town I was driving to. I remember it was late at night, dark and hard to see when all of a sudden I would find myself in trouble. As dreams usually become twisted, the road I was driving on just fell out from under me like I was in some sort of video game. My vehicle fell about 20 feet within the 20 foot segment of road that was between the curves and would be difficult for any cars coming down the highway to see. Somehow I ended up above the fall out and I knew I had to redirect traffic to keep people safe. That is about all I remember in the dream.


As I look back on many of the events of this year I feel like the lights at the intersection have been turned off and people are desperate for directions. Everyone wants to get going but no one really knows if they should stop, go, yield or just put the petal to the metal and hope they survive. Looking for directions should be as easy as downloading an app on your smart phone, but finding what we truly need may mean holding the reset button on our current devices.


Proverbs 1:20-33

20 Out in the open wisdom calls aloud,
she raises her voice in the public square;
21 on top of the wall at noisy street corners she cries out,
at the city gate she makes her speech:
 
22 “How long will you who are simple love your simple ways?
How long will mockers delight in mockery
and fools hate knowledge?
23 Repent at my rebuke!
Then I will pour out my thoughts to you,
I will make known to you my teachings.
 
24 But since you refuse to listen when I call
and no one pays attention when I stretch out my hand,
25 since you disregard all my advice
and do not accept my rebuke,
26 I in turn will laugh when disaster strikes you;
I will mock when calamity overtakes you—
27 when calamity overtakes you like a storm,
when disaster sweeps over you like a whirlwind,
when distress and trouble overwhelm you.
28 “Then they will call to me but I will not answer;
they will look for me but will not find me,
29 since they hated knowledge
and did not choose to fear the Lord.
30 Since they would not accept my advice
and spurned my rebuke,
31 they will eat the fruit of their ways
and be filled with the fruit of their schemes.
32 For the waywardness of the simple will kill them,
and the complacency of fools will destroy them;
 
 
When those who are foolish claim to be wise, they deceive themselves and those they persuade with their silver tongues. True Wisdom must be sought and when found will reveal a treasure greater than all of the wealth this country possesses.

33 But whoever listens to me will live in safety
and be at ease, without fear of harm.”
 

Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,
but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

No comments: