2017 Finale Video

Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Unsung Hero

As my mind wanders through the most challenging days of life, I look for quiet moments that I can reflect on the blessing that surround my family and I. Tonight I thought of one such blessing that I keep so close to my heart. Since July 1st, Lincoln's Dx day and the day after our 10th anniversary, my wife Jenny has been the unsung hero in our family. From the moment she wakes up in the morning until its time for bedtime stories and prayers, she puts on her mommy uniform and prepares to serve her family. In the last 7 months Jenny has learned to adapt to a whole new world of medical needs for our son from Dr. appointments and schedueling daily meds to hospital stays and emergencies room visits. This on top of working at her job of 8 years, keeping Emma up on homework and church activities and finding just the right amount of time for herself.

Jenny has such a great capacity for being a mother that she still has the ability to inspire others in the middle of her own struggles. She started a blog of her own http://inspiredinfive.blogspot.com/ that you need to read every day. She will amaze you and compel you to be a better person even if you are at the end of your rope. That is why I love here and I am proud to call her my wife. I hope you get to meet her someday.

1 comment:

Cheri Joness said...

We have met her and we agree. She is pretty amazing. Both of you are pretty amazing. Keep supporting each other because together you will get through this. Love you both.