2017 Finale Video

Friday, December 9, 2011

A Day in the Life of Fighting Cancer

Two days ago I was looking at facebook and reading a few things about Pearl Harbor and the attacks that happened so many years ago. The first thing I noticed was that it was not talked about as much as September 11th, 2001. It was a long time ago and to this generation of facebook users it is not as fresh in the mind as 9/11.
Today I went with Lincoln and Jenny to Doernbechers Childrens Hospital to stay for the weekend and for the first time I felt like our personal D-day was a distant memory. But that didn't keep me from talking about it anyless. One of the reasons I took the day off work to go to the hospital was because they were having a radiothon to raise money for the hospital that will cure my son. My favorite Country radio station for over 10 years was hosting and asked for people to share there stories on the air. I couldn't resist the opportunity to raise awareness for kids fighting life threatening diseases by using my sons story. I sat down with the radio host and let hundreds of thousands of people listening around Portland and online around the world that we needed their help to find a cure for kids cancer, cystic fibrosis, diabetes and many other diseases. If there was every a time to stand up for something it would be now. We have technology that reaches around the world at lightning speed and people are sitting in the audience waiting for something amazing to happen.

No comments: