2017 Finale Video

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Silence has Broken

When it comes to being passionate about things in life, I only have a few that I truly indulge in.
Yesterday I was playing cards which is something I grew up with. My grandma was always up for a challange of gin rummy and I quickly became familiar with the hands I need to win. I like all sorts of games from video games to Texas Hold 'em poker and  I don't waste my time on many other 'fun' activities because I like them too much. I like physical activity from working hard outside in the heat or cold, to playing indoor soccer. My brain would not function normally if I did not have something challenging like this. My family has always been important to me, but with the loss of my grandma and newphew just a year ago, I can't imaging trying to living apart from those closest to me. Now with my son Lincoln's diagnosis of leukemia we have very little that we choose to get caught up in because we don't want our passions to run thin.

My latest passion is something that I never thought I would take on because I never knew I would be affected by cancer so closely. Thankfully since my son is doing so well with his treatment plan I haved turned any distress into motivation to fight his disease. I have also discovered that I am not alone, by any means, because there is a community of people who have been fighting hard against childrens cancer. I started a facebook page and caring bridge for my son, but little did I know that I would find up to 100 other kids that are fighting the same fight. I follow closely and in 5 short months since Linclon's Dx I have seen many lost, too many.

Tonight as my son is in the hospital for part of his treatment plan I want to take cancer awarness to a New Level. I am starting another facebook page that will increase awareness through the stories of those battling cancer. As the Army against Cancer grows there needs to be a Battle Cry to make a big push against this enemy. Through the stories, updates and even news of those lost to cancer are submitted to this page, it will fuel the fire of passion to get rid of cancer once and for all. We will all grow closer as a community and spread the word that We Need a Cure and We Need it Now!
Let the battle cry be heard as we all with one voice "SPEAK UP TO SILENCE CANCER"
Let your Voice be heard @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/Speak-Up-to-Silence-Cancer/272558346126344

No comments: