2017 Finale Video

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Thorne in My Side


There is something that has been creeping around in the dark shadows that I have had to face in the last 12 months. Its not something new or different because I have felt this way before and sometimes more than once a year. Its like a sunburn that burns at first but then itches like crazy later on. It seems like everything is in black and white, where nothing tastes right and sleep is hard to come by when you need it but sleep is never enough when you can get it. Its a thorne in my side that I have finally recognized, but now that I can see it for what it is I can fight back. Don't worry, I'm not doing anything that would be harmful, but I am facing a giant that needs to be taken down once and for all. When my son was diagnosed with cancer, I wasn't shattered like I had always imagined I would be if something like this ever happened to someone in my home, I just asked what are we supposed to do next. When I feel myself sinking in my own insatiable desires I remember that I am on a journey that is ever changing and there is always something ahead that I will have to face. I won't let myself stay in one place anymore, trying to take shelter from the storm, I will press on towards the goal no matter how bad it gets. I have made it this far and I can only attribute God's grace and the help of those who have shown sacrificial love, hope and faith for me and my family. Now that this journey is taking us to new heights I can only hope the view at the top is as breath taking over the valley as it was during the climb. As always, a song that says a lot to me at this moment in my life, listen and read the lyrics

No comments: