2017 Finale Video

Thursday, April 12, 2012

All that Its Worth

Everyday I wake up and as my heart beats and I take a breath my mind fills with thoughts for the day. Thinking can be hard sometimes but when something has got your attention its hard to stop thinking about it. Most of my days I think about the one thing that consumes my mind the most, my job. I am required to work 57 hours a week between March and October and I think about it from the moment I get up until I go to sleep. That isn't all that I think about because I try to block it out as soon as I finish the day, but its hard to get it off of my mind completely. Right now I am thinking of something that deserves a little more thought than most things but is not recognized by most people on a daily basis. I was thinking about an 8 year old boy named Gage who is suffering from an inoperable brain tumor called DIPG. Out of all the things that I could think of in this world why would I choose to focus my thought on a child dying of cancer? Because my child has cancer, that's why. Its kind of like when you get a new car, you see that car all over the place, but its not that same because I am thinking about someones life.

I Choose to think about kids facing cancer because that is my life choice and I will face it with them. I have experienced loss of life both old and young and I know its harder than anything else but it gives me perspective. I want to know what it is like to live life to the fullest, and to see a child fighting cancer is like nothing you have ever seen before. The courage to face the monster inside, the hope that they will one day get to play outside of a hospital again and the faith that we all long for deep inside, that is what I choose to think about. Here is a music video, listen to the words closely and ask yourself, what do I really think about each day and is it allowing me to live my life for all that its worth?

No comments: