2017 Finale Video

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Facing the Giants

Over the last couple days the world has been listening as one of the greatest athletes in the history of sports faces persecution that would try to take away all that he has ever worked for. In the world of competitive sports everybody is looking for an edge to launch them into glory but Living Strong against cancer and for the millions fighting it is not detectable in any drug test. It is a sad day when the one individual who lead the race for a Cure by raising hundreds of millions of dollars for cancer research has a target on his back.
 
 
 
A few weeks ago I was driving to Portland early in the morning and I wanted to listen to my favorite radio show for over 10 years with Mike and Amy. When I didn't hear the beginning of the show I thought they just took a vacation, but 10 days later I started to wonder where they went. I turned on the news and checked CNN but no one seemed to know so I went to their website and they had Vanished!
I was beside myself wondering how the voice of these radio Giants who have been nationally recognized had been silenced on the only radio station that could be heard all over Portland, Oregon and around the world online (I heard they even reached Mars before they disappeared).
 
All of a sudden it feels like our Freedom of Speech has no more Liberty!
 
 
This week as thousands of people and parents prepare to Speak up to Silence Pediatric Cancer in September I think of the kids who have suffered and earned their angel wings who never had the chance to speak up for themselves. When the news channels would rather report on hate, violence and murders they fail to recognize the #1 serial killer in childhood cancer. September is the world's only chance to reveal the destructive nature of this disease and the lack of funding that is desperately need to find a cure for the future of this country, our children.
 
We all need to take advice from Lance Armstrong and choose our battlefield this September.
"I will commit myself to the work I began before ever winning a single Tour de France title: serving people and families affected by cancer, especially those in undeserved communities."
 
 
Don't let another moment pass when you know that Right Now you can take a small step in taking down the Goliath of pediatric cancer!
 
 

No comments: