2017 Finale Video

Friday, August 3, 2012

The Check Out Line

Every time I to go into my not-so-favorite-mega-super-duper-grocery store Walmart there is one part that I always dread. A couple of years ago I was asked to go at midnight on Black Friday for a mop that was on sale. A MOP! (I got some pajama's for my kids too.) After wandering aimlessly among countless people I headed for the door, but there was just one thing left to do before I could complete the triple threat mission. I had to Check Out.

As you can imagine, in the earliest hours of Black Friday, there was no other choice than to wait in line to buy these items that were about 20 cents cheaper than normal. The worst part was that I had a non-smart phone at the time and could not text anyone at 1am during my hour and a half wait to check out with my mop. As my mind began to turn to mashed potatoes from the lack of taking a nap after Thanksgiving dinner I finally said to myself, "I will never enter a Walmart again." Checking out can be a life threatening experience when not prepared for such a treacherous journey as this, but worse than this is not knowing that your child's life could be threatened by something like cancer.

There are only two choices that can be made when preparing all of life's plans. Am I going to be aware of unforeseen circumstances or am I just going to check out as much as possible so I don't have to deal with it because my universe is way to complicated. Just remember that there are two lines forming but the only one that is moving is the one where people are shoving and pushing to get through because checking out is no longer an option. Make a conscience choice today to daily become aware of children with cancer because their lives depend on you, not on those who have checked out from the Truth.

Revealing the Truth VERY SOON! @ http://www.facebook.com/theTruth365film
Like my Blog Page @ http://www.facebook.com/briansphirstblog/
Become Aware by Celebrating the Red Carpet Kids @ http://www.facebook.com/redcarpetkidsforthecure

No comments: