2017 Finale Video

Friday, March 2, 2012

Losing it

I really need a haircut. I don't get one very often because I work outside with a hat on all day and I don't like to pay for them when I can just shave it off. I am getting older, meaning my hair is getting thinner, but I never thought my son would be bald before me.

Lincoln has lost most of his hair now from the chemotherapy. It was getting thinner and thinner but longer too. We finally had to cut it because it was to hard to manage. There is a little left, like on his grandpa Rick's head, but not much. Kids are not supposed to go bald before their dads, it makes me sad. I have some pictures on my blog that show how much hair he did have before leukemia lead to this and it is hard to believe he even had that much hair before. I don't know when it will grow back but I hope it does before he grows up to be like me and his hair falls out again.


There is a great organization I have heard a lot about called St. Baldricks. http://www.stbaldricks.org/
They have raised over $10,000,000 to find a cure for cancer in kids. Check out the website and make a donation before I lose all of my hair and so my son won't have to look like Charlie Brown his whole life.

1 comment:

Nana Brewer said...

Seeing them bald is one of the hard parts of cancer. It's so "in your face" I am now used to the way Leah (Free Leah's Butterfly) looks. I can't really remember what it was like with her long blond hair(even though it was only 7 months ago) seems so much longer. We had a mass shave for her a couple of weeks ago so there are alot of bald heads around. She is absolutly adorable and she has some fuzzies coming back in. It is just her, we are used to it now and BALD is BEAUTIFUL!!! Hang in there Dad and sweet Lincoln. Praying for you daily. Love Leah's Nana