2017 Finale Video

Sunday, January 6, 2013

God's______Dead

This weekend has been eventful for our family as we traveled to my brothers house to pick up Emma from my parents who invited her to stay for a few days. We watched some football but left before the game ended so I could get back to watch my Packers play the next game. Today I also watched my second favorite team win and tonight we are watching Hook with Robin Williams.

A fairly normal weekend for us but a lot on my mind as well. My aunt just told us that grandpa is waiting for his angels wings and has mentioned seeing his wife who has been in heaven for 18 years. I was in Idaho a few weeks ago to see him and our time was good seeing how he remembered me. He has lived a full life and is at peace as he looks for the light to invite him to the afterlife.

Ever since my friend Ryan passed away from brain cancer when he was 16, I never was without faith that God was on the other side waiting. In the last 3 years now, 4 of my immediate relatives have moved from this life into the one that we were always meant to have, one without death and suffering. I don't know how people can ask the question, "why do bad things happen to good people" when none of us are perfect and there is no such thing as "good enough" to get into heaven, because it never depended on our own goodness, but on God's perfect will. We all have a world view and many of us struggle with it because we try to fit God in our little box instead of believing He is who He says He is. I don't think anyone can believe 100% God is dead and that we evolved from some other source. If that is that way it is, then there are no laws that apply and we are free to do what we will without guilt.

I pray daily that my children will grow up as I did, knowing God's NOT dead but realizing that we are completely and utterly dependent on his grace to save us from what we are lacking in the presence of His Holiness.

God's NOT dead, He's surely Alive

No comments: