2017 Finale Video

Monday, September 17, 2012

Rain on my Parade

Its ok to speak my mind here isn't it? I mean, this is my blog, just a journal for myself and for anyone I invite to read it. So what's on my mind tonight? What am I thinking about? This is going to be personal tonight and I won't hold back while fighting a war where my own son is on the front lines. I'm going to say it like I see it. CANCER SUCKS!

 
As I turn on Spotify to listen to my favorite American Idol winner David Cook, to drown out the noise of the day I remember fuming today while I was digging holes for a fence post. Sometimes when work is getting to me, I can't get it off of my mind, but today it wasn't work, it was...are you ready for this...Tic Tacs!
I was in the store getting some water to drink when something pink caught my eye. I didn't have to look to know what it was but it was enough to disturb my thoughts for the next few hours. I know hundred of people who have been working like crazy, even if only a few minutes a day to raise awareness for Children's Cancer, because September is the one month a year that we can parade around with our Gold banners, and then all of a sudden it starts raining pink.
 
I'm not trying to be overly critical here because I have family and friends who have survived breast cancer because of breast cancer awareness and breast cancer funding and breast cancer research that leads to breast cancer treatments. I know a lot of people in the childhood cancer community who also have faced breast cancer and lost loved ones to breast cancer, BUT...breast cancer is cancer just like childrens cancer. The big difference I see is that the Pink Lady boasts about her cancer so much and so many people are on her team that the rest of us feel completely ignored and I think its time to level the playing field. You don't but a basket ball star like Michael Jordan on the same court as my son Lincoln, and you don't show the Superbowl on the same day as the NBA championship game.
 
Cancer is cancer and as children experience 12 main types of cancer, they don't see it as anything but a Monster!
 
 
We wage war on cancer and we choose our battles as it affects us, but we find ourselves in a troubling spot where children's cancers are called rare are less derserving of attention and funding. That is why we fight for our kids in September and we deserve every single second and I know people who, if they were to be diagnoses themselves with breast cancer, would not shift their focus from raising awarenss for children.

So how are we going to get through each September when the CEO of Tic Tacs sees a profitable opportunity to use the Pink Lady to sell more Tic Tacs? We need to focus hard on raising awarness for our children 365 days of the year until no more children are lost to this monster. Its going to take commitment from the unpaid and overworked childhood cancer community whose secret weapons are the faces their children on the battlefields.


The Truth 365 film is just beginning and is poised to go viral on September 23rd to prove to the world that children with cancer need them more now than ever to support them. What I would like to see is for the Pink Lady to make it a point to share childrens cancer in the next 365 days of awarenss that all cancer victims deserve. The Childhood cancer community needs to cry out like my son in a grocery store who wants some tic tacs until mommy gives in, trust me it works all the time.

Follow the Truth 365 on
Twitter https://twitter.com/thetruth365film
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/theTruth365film
Website and Petition http://www.thetruth365.org/petition/

Also watch Paul and the Dragon in the pictures above @
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhYDoCX-iyQ&feature=g-like

Join my Blog Group for Exclusives on Brian's Phirst Blog @ http://www.facebook.com/groups/132084550254587/
Follow on Twitter and RT@ https://twitter.com/ricksson33

No comments: