2017 Finale Video

Friday, September 21, 2012

Wish upon a Star


Have you ever thought about how 10 years can change your life?
 
Today I was thinking about where the last 10 years have taken me. In 2002 I started my first full time job in construction, building RV's in a factory. Today I am still working with wood and laboring with my hands. Before that I spent 10 years just getting started with a life of my own, graduating high school, going to college and moving out from my parents house. Then before all of that I was just a kid going to school and spending my summers having fun.
 
 
When I was 10 years old I liked to play in the dirt and one day I wished I could dig a hole to China, like my son Lincoln here.
Funny, how somethings never change.
 
 
 
 
If you were the average 10 year old again, knowing what you know now, what would you wish was the same?
What would you wish was different?
Remember singing this song and wishing upon a Star?

 "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you." Jiminy Cricket

When I was a kid I would believe anything my friends told me, but listen to what my new friend Grape Nut says:
 




If you were 10 years old again, what would you wish for if you had only 10 months to live because of cancer? If its not a question you can answer for yourself, what do you think another 10 year old with cancer is wishing for right now?
 
This September as many more people are becoming aware of childhood cancer, they realize that this disease cannot just be wished away. The childhood cancer community is growing stronger in numbers but now our days of wishing have Faith behind them. Those who believe are driven to action, because faith without action is just wishful thinking. When we believe, we share hope, and when hope is alive, others begin to believe and take the action that is required in our search for a cure.


Tonight as the reality of cancer has impacted so many, there is only one wish in a child's heart. Just like Pinocchio, these kids just want to be real boys and girls, without cancer invading their lives.

Do you have what it takes to believe in a cure? Please listen and let hope arise as this song speaks volumes to those searching for a cure for childhood cancer.
Thank David Cook!
 
Are you ready to know the Truth? @ http://www.facebook.com/theTruth365film
Meet Grape Nut @ http://www.facebook.com/MyGrapeNut
Join my blog group for exclusives @ http://www.facebook.com/groups/132084550254587/

No comments: