2017 Finale Video

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Avalanche Anxiety

Today is the 4th of July, one year after my son was diagnosed with leukemia and we are sitting here a little bit anxious because his temperature is rising. Last check was 100.2 which means that if he gets to 100.4 we are headed to the ER in Portland. One year ago we were preparing to go on a weekend trip to the coast to see my parents, but we took our bags that were already packed and went to the children's hospital where my son was diagnosed and admitted for the next 6 days. Now we feel like an American Soldier who is waiting for that call to go to war, but this wouldn't be our first time. We are so close to the next big phase of Lincoln's treatment and we don't want anything to get in the way. I know many families go through the steps that doctors have given them on their journey to recovery, and then as they are traveling the path and avalanche wipes them off of the trail and they have to start all over again.

I'm just going to say it "this is not supposed to happen to our son," but with cancer this just falls on deaf ears. Cancer does not discriminate and fights back even when you think it has taken its final blow. Now we wait 30 minutes at a time and hope the temperature has peaked and he stabilizes for now.

UPDATE: Lincoln was just taken to the ER for a temperature of 101.3. If his blood counts are too low to fight infection, he will get antibiotics or if it looks more serious he may need blood and have to be admitted to stay the night. Keep Praying!

Please support Lincoln's page @ http://www.facebook.com/#!/prayingforlincoln

No comments: