2017 Finale Video

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Unexpected Vacation

Everyone likes vacations...

...but since the 4th of July was on a Wednesday this year we had very little opportunity to enjoy it as one of the summer vacation days. It was nice having a day off of work in the middle of the week but we were not expecting what would happen that night just before the fireworks started. After last years fireworks from the sky bridge at the children's hospital, we were ready to stay home and enjoy all of the neighbors celebrating from our own front lawn, but it was a series of unfortunate events that landed us an unexpected vacation. Now that we are home and it is still the weekend we are trying to recover as most people do from pushing hard to enjoy every last minute away from their everyday grind without having the real vacation experience.

There was something that happened this weekend that was even more unexpected than our time in the hospital. No matter where I go I want to be connected to the world as it is happening, so I had my laptop in the hospital trying to keep people updated on Lincoln as soon as we knew something. I love the idea of the facebook pages that children everywhere are using to call out to the world for prayer and support, and since we were in isolation for the last 72 hours, I decided to call out for support for my sons page http://www.facebook.com/#!/prayingforlincoln. I usually just share his page to my friends and in a few groups but this time I wanted to ask for more than I ever had. I called on a few pages that have gained the attention of all of the cancer community and the world and that is when the magic began to happen.

Without going into a bunch of numbers, lets just say it was like a flash mob of Joy that began to lift Lincoln up in thoughts and prayer and it was exciting! Even though we don't read every word from everyone to our 3 year old, the love and support is relayed through us to our son and every LIKE and COMMENT is worth more than gold to our family. Since we began this journey with our son we aim to pay it forward to others that are suffering from life threatening diseases and we would not be able to do so without your support. I want to thank those who share Lincoln's page with the world, especially the Joy Mob from Jessie's page who I ask everyone of you to support and LIKE before September @ http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=368929639839797&set=a.141590909240339.28445.141483135917783&type=1&theater

I shared this music video before but for those who haven't seen it and who want to see it again, thank you for sharing the Hero in all of you.

No comments: