2017 Finale Video

Friday, July 27, 2012

Red, Green and Gold

I was sitting in traffic today after a long, hard day at work and it was starting to drive me crazy!

There is nothing worse than working outside in the hot sun all day long and then waiting for all of the red lights in the city to turn green. During my day it takes a lot to get motivated and once it gets going the momentum takes over and its hard to slow down. As I check myself and my lack of patience I begin to think about what I will do for the rest of my night as the Opening Ceremonies for the Summer Olympics begin.

Right now as I am watching something that no one has ever witnessed before in the London Olympics, I can hardly keep my eyes away from what I am seeing in high definition a world away. The transformation of the scene before me is almost too much to take in all at once. The music is compelling and the number of people that are performing nearly take my breath away. The world outside my door no longer has any effect as I watch the Olympic rings come together in the sky and shower down a billion sparks for the 1 billion people watching world wide.

If there are two things that I am aware of in this world, it is those people who sit idle and complacent, day after day in the traffic of life, and those who are in the race for the Gold. This summer as the Olympics begin and champions arise to win the hearts of the countries they represent, some other people all over the world will be fighting for a different kind of Gold.

The Gold Ribbon that represents the lives of the children fighting cancer will not be something that can only be seen every four years, or every other year, but every minute 365 days of the year. These people work all year long, day after day, from early morning into the late night, with no apoligies, to fight for what it right, to win a prize that will go to to someone else that they have never met. The momentum is building for those advocating for the lives of children fighting cancer and we are preparing for our opening event that will capture the attention of the world when The Truth will be revealed on September 13th @ http://www.facebook.com/theTruth365film

Join the Truth 365 and watch lives be changed.

Like my blog page @ http://www.facebook.com/briansphirstblog

No comments: